Python is an easy to learn, powerful programming language. It has efficient high-level data structures and a simple but effective approach to object-oriented programming. Python elegant syntax and dynamic typing, together with its interpreted nature, make Python an ideal language for scripting and rapid application development in many areas on most platforms.
Features of Python Programming:-
- Python Programming language is simple language which is easier to learn
- Python Programming language is Free and open-source
- Portability of Python Programming
- Python Programming is Extensible and Embeddable
- Python Programming is a high-level, interpreted language
- Large standard libraries to solve common tasks
Applications for Python Programming language
Python programming is used in many application domains. Here’s a sampling.
The Python Package Index lists thousands of third party modules for Python.
- Web and Internet Development
- Scientific and Numeric
- Desktop GUIs
- Software Development
Reasons to Choose Python as First Language:-
- Simple Elegant Syntax
- Not overly strict
- Expressiveness of the language
- Great Community and Support
Python Syntax compared to other programming languages
- Python language was designed for readability, and has some similarities to the English language with influence from mathematics.
- Python uses new lines to complete a command, as opposed to other programming languages which often use semicolons or parentheses.
- Python relies on indentation, using whitespace, to define scope; such as the scope of loops, functions and classes. Other programming languages often use curly-brackets for this purpose.