What does C++ Programming Language mean?
C++ is an object oriented programming (OOP) language, developed by Bjarne Stroustrup, and is an extension of C language. It is therefore possible to code C++ in a “C style” or “object-oriented style.”
Advantage of C++ are:
- C++ use multi-paradigm programming. Paradigm means style of programming .paradigm concerned about logics , structure and procedure of program. C++ is multi-paradigm means it follow three paradigm Generic, Imperative, Object Oriented.
- It is useful for low level programming language and very efficient for general purpose.
- C++ provide performance and memory efficiently.
- It provide high level abstraction.
- C++ is compatible with C.
- C++ used reusability of code.
- C++ used inheritance, polymorphism.
Disadvantage of C++ are:
- Complex in very large high level program.
- Used for platform specific application commonly.
- For a particular operating system or platform the library set is usually chosen that locks.
- when C++ used for web applications complex and difficult to debug.
- C++ can’t support garbage collection.
- C++ not support Dynamic Memory Allocation.
- C++ is not secure because it have pointer, friend function and global variable.
- No support for threads built in.