What is Financial Modelling ?
Financial Modeling is a core skill that is almost mandatory for anyone who wants to build a career in finance. It is also important for anyone who wants to start his or her own business and even useful for sales/marketing professionals as it comes in handy in bidding for projects, determining payback/utility of campaigns etc. You can Learn financial modelling in surat. You will get the best financial modelling guide. Leran Financial Modelling with excel in citylight surat.
A Company uses Financial Modeling for following purposes:
Valuation of a security Forecasting future raw material needs To know the benefits of a merger See the roadmap to profitability Discovering new market opportunities Check investment requirement Predict and quantify risk Identify undervalued securities Portfolio performance
Who should do Financial Modeling?
1) Professionals who wants to explore the world of finance and wants to get into money related decision making matters.
2) People who are pursuing CFA, MBA, FRM or other financial certifications as this will work as an added advantage for them.
3) Candidates having Degree or Diploma in technical fields like Engineering or B.Tech who wants to make a career in finance.
4) Finance aspirants who want to learn financial conceptual terminology and general business procedure that will help them in their job.
What Excel skills are required?
There are many Excel formulas and functions required to build a financial model.Here are a few of the most common ones:
1) SUM Function adds up a set of numbers.
2) AVERAGE Function calculates the average of a set of numbers.
3) COUNT Function counts the number of cells that contain numbers
4) MIN and MAX Function calculate the minimum and maximum of a set of values.
5) SUMPRODUCT Function multiplies two sets of arrays and adds the totals. 6) IF Function is a logic-based formula that can make your model more dynamic.
7) Charts & Graphs are an important part of financial modeling.
8) Formatting skills can help separate great from good models.
9) and many more…
Careers in Financial modelling:
1) Investment Banking / Equity Research
2) Project Finance/Credit Rating
3) Corporate Finance
4) Entrepreneurs/Private Equity
5) Financial planning and analysis (FP&A)
6) Corporate development
7) Venture capital
9) and many more…