What is Jquery Mobile?
jQuery Mobile framework takes the “write less, do more” mantra to the next level: Instead of writing unique applications for each mobile device or OS, the jQuery mobile framework allows you to design a single highly-branded responsive web site or application that will work on all popular smartphone, tablet, and desktop platforms.
Why Jquery mobile?
jQuery mobile, which enables you to build touch-friendly websites that work across a wide range of browsers and devices.
Features of jQuery Mobile
- It is built on jQuery Core and “write less, do more” UI framework.
- It is an open source framework, and cross-platform as well as cross-browser compatible.
- It integrates HTML5, CCS3, jQuery and jQuery UI into one framework for creating pages with minimal scripting.
- It includes Ajax navigation system that uses animated page transitions.
Advantages of jQuery Mobile
- It is easy to learn and develop applications if you have knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 features.
- It is cross-platform and cross-browser compatible so you don’t have to worry about writing different code for each device resolution.
- You can create the custom theme using ThemeRoller without writing the line of code. It supports all HTML5 browsers.
- It is built in a way that allows the same code to automatically scale from the mobile screen to desktop screen.
Disadvantages of jQuery Mobile
- There are limited options for CSS themes, so sites can look similar which are built by these themes.
- Applications which are developed using jQuery Mobile are slower on mobiles.
- It becomes more time consuming when you combine jQuery mobile with other mobile frameworks.
- Difficult to provide complete customized visual design.